Last modified: March 1st, 2017
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website www.definedcrowd.com (our "Website") or communicate with us through electronic messages, telephone, in-person or by tracked delivery, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- From the information you provide when you register on our Website, receive compensation from us and/or during the execution of jobs in our platform;
- From the e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website; and
- Through your interaction with our content, advertising and/or applications on third-party websites and services that include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website(s) operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to, or be accessible from, the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you have the choice of not using our Website. Should you decide to revoke or alter information you have provided to us, you may access, review or update your information at any time. You may also withdraw your consent for us to collect, use, share or maintain your information in the future by contacting us at: email@example.com or at 320 Westlake Avenue North, 4th Floor, Seattle, WA 98109, United States of America.
This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates. If we make material changes to the Policy, we will notify you by e-mail or by posting a notice on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information that can be used to identify you (“Personal Information”). We collect this information directly from you when you or a third party provide it to us. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to:
- Your name, postal, physical or e-mail address, telephone number, photograph, audio or visual recordings of your voice or image, social security number or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA;
- Aggregated data that is about you, but does not identify you, such as your internet connection, IP address, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details; or
- Audio or visual recordings of your voice and/or image, your micro-expressions and other biometric data, including fingerprints and iris scans uploaded by you or an authorized third party. Due to evolving technology, the category of biometric data we collect may evolve to include additional measurable biological or behavior characteristics that can be used for automated recognition of you.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information from forms you complete on our Website. This includes information provided at the time you register to use our Website, subscribe to our services, or apply for job opportunities. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Information related to any job you have successfully obtained, performed and been compensated for through this Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), telephone calls, in-person communications, documents, images and audio and video recordings of you or any other person that you transmit or upload to our Website or deliver to, or participate in, with an employee or representative of the Company (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); and
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). You post your User Contributions on our Website and transmit them to others through our Website at your own risk. Although, we value and protect your Personal Information and User Contributions, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your Personal Information and User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed, reproduced, altered or distributed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through, and interact with, our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including location data, logs, other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, and information about others who may use your computer.
The information we collect automatically is statistical, not personal data. However, we may maintain or associate it with Personal Information we collect or receive from you or third parties through other means to improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service. We may use the automatically collected data to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
How We Use Your Information
All information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, is stored and processed by or on behalf of DefinedCrowd Corporation, which is located at 320 Westlake Avenue North, 4th Floor, Seattle, WA 98109, United States of America. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information to:
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- Present our Website and its contents to you and allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- Maintain your account and applications;
- Perform our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, collecting and paying through third party electronic payment processors and/or financial institutions (“ESPs”) to process such financial transactions. By accepting this Policy, you expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Information necessary to process transactions with ESPs, including, where necessary, the transfer of information outside of your country. See, section, International Transfers of Personal Information, below;
- Perform our obligations to our enterprise customers;
- Notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- Comply with the use described when you provide the Personal Information and/or fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- Comply with any other purpose to which you consent.
All Personal Information collected or provided to us is stored for the period of time in which you remain a registered User, for the period of time thereafter during which the storage and processing of your Personal Information is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or provided. We may also use Personal Information to comply with our legal or contractual obligations, or to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims.
How, Why and With Whom We Share Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them; or
- A buyer or other successor in the event of the merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of DefinedCrowd’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by DefinedCrowd about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of DefinedCrowd Corporation, our customers or others if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
International Transfers of Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect may be stored and processed in any country in which DefinedCrowd Corporation and its affiliates, suppliers, ESPs or agents maintain facilities. By registering for the Website and/or applying for job opportunities, you expressly and unequivocally, consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your country (including to third countries that may not have been assessed as having adequate privacy laws). Nevertheless, we take steps to ensure that our agents, affiliates and suppliers comply with our standards of privacy regardless of their location.
California Privacy Rights
California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third parties or with affiliates of the Company. The Company does not provide any Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you want to request a notice or have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 320 Westlake Avenue North, 4th Floor, Seattle, WA 98109, United States of America.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not:
- Use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features;
- Register on the Website;
- Purchase any item or service through the Website;
- Use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website; or
- Provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any avatar, screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without prior verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without verified parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Data Security / Legal Disclaimer
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. If you have reason to believe your account with the Company has been compromised, you are responsible for reporting the suspected unauthorized access or use to us.
Unfortunately, because of the complex and constantly changing nature of technology and business, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information or User Contributions transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Rights Concerning Personal Information / Contact Details
We respect your need to be able to access and update the Personal Information that you have provided to us. If you have registered online, you may access and update your Personal Information at any time by logging into your account. You may also request access and update your Personal Information by email or writing to us at the contact information set out below (subject to certain exceptions and as prescribed by law). We may request certain Personal Information to verify the identity of the individual seeking access to records that contain Personal Information. You may exercise your legal rights regarding your collected or provided Personal Information, and withdraw your consent, as set out in the applicable laws of the State of Washington, United States of America, or in the law of your state or country of residence, as well as ask any questions or comment about this Policy and the Company’s other privacy practices, by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority in the country of your residence.