Last modified: December 19th 2019
DefinedCrowd Corporation ( “Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit definedcrowd.com, the products within our domain (referred to as “Website” in this document) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- During and after your registration and/or during the execution of the jobs in our platform;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age, as stated in our Terms & Conditions. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL DATA OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW/any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your recorded voice or videos;
- where you may record yourself for the purposes of image processing;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you use the Company products. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
In detail, we use the following cookies and third-party products that produce cookies:
- Google Analytics for usage insights
DefinedCrowd Neevo Product:
- Google Analytics for usage insights
- Managing Privacy Options
- Authentication purpose and preferences (Remember Me functionality and /or Facebook Cookie if you authenticated using Facebook)
DefinedCrowd Enterprise Portal
- Google Analytics for usage insights
- Authentication purpose and preferences
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. The “help” function on most browsers contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies entirely. You need to set each browser, on each device you use to surf the Web. Thus, if you use multiple browsers (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), you should repeat this procedure with each one. Similarly, if you connect to the Web from multiple devices (e.g., work and home), you need to set each browser on each device. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be able to utilize additional cookie management tools. However, if you disable cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of our products, such as certain areas of products for which you need to be logged in, will not function properly. To opt out of Google Analytics, including Demographics and Interest Reporting, please click here.
Information You Provide to Us and Consent
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or applying for job opportunities. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Information that you provide to us when performing any job you have successfully obtained through this Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We do not collect any other personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not sell any of your information to third parties.
How We Use Your Information
All information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, is stored and processed by or on behalf of DefinedCrowd Corporation, which is located at 111 W. John Street Suite 205, Seattle, WA 98119, United States of America.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account and applications;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To perform our obligations towards our customers;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
All personal information collected or provided to us is stored for the period of time in which you remain a registered User, and for the period of time thereafter during which the storage and processing of your personal information is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or provided and /or for the Company to comply with its legal or contractual obligations or for the Company to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With your consent, to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of DefinedCrowd’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by DefinedCrowd about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- With your consent and information of all the entities the data will be shared with, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DefinedCrowd Corporation, our customers or others.
Data Security and Storage
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
DefinedCrowd uses third-party vendors and hosting partners, such as Microsoft and SendGrid, for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to run our platform. Company vendors and partners are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) per terms of service or contract. By using our platform, you authorize DefinedCrowd to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States and any other country where we operate.
Rights Concerning Personal Information / Contact Details
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority in the country of your residence or to our Data Protection Officer by using the following contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a data subject, you have the following rights: access and obtain a copy of your data on request; require the organization to change incorrect or incomplete data; require the organization to delete or stop processing your data, for example, where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and object to the processing of your data where DefinedCrowd is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.